Re: Container weight and wearing

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@circlemud.org)
Date: 06/25/01

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Robert Masten wrote:

> I was thinking of a total encumbrance type of weight.  The items worn
> work towards the total encumbrance by only 1/2 and items in hand would
> be full encumbrance.  50lbs on your back/body is a lot different from
> carrying 50lbs around with ya.

Before any call to equip_char(), to equip an object on a character,
obj_from_char() is called to subtract the weight.  Thus, you have nothing
more to worry about than just adding in the modified encumbrance value
(EV) in equip_char().  The existing implementation of obj_to_char(), etc.,
will make the EV full; what you add to equip_char() is one line:

  IS_CARRYING_W(ch) += GET_OBJ_WEIGHT(obj) / 2;

You can put this at the very end of the function.

-dak