Re: Container weight and wearing

From: Mike Breuer (mbreuer@new.rr.com)
Date: 06/25/01

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Masten" <RobertM@FOXRACING.COM>
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 2:24 PM

> I was thinking of a total encumbrance type of weight.  The items worn work
> towards the total encumbrance by only 1/2 and items in hand would be full
> encumbrance.  50lbs on your back/body is a lot different from carrying 50lbs
> around with ya.
>
> Any ideas on implementation?

Well, this is off the top of my head (practically), so be sure to test it.  I
think it just needs a couple of lines in handler.c:

in equip_char(...):

  GET_EQ(ch, pos) = obj;
+ IS_CARRYING_W(ch) += GET_OBJ_WEIGHT(obj) / 2;

and in unequip_char(...):

  GET_EQ(ch, pos) = NULL;
+ IS_CARRYING_W(ch) -= GET_OBJ_WEIGHT(obj) / 2;

I don't recall if there's anyplace where the weight of objects being worn can
change, but if there are then those spots would have to be modified as well.

Mike