Re: do_set check

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 07/12/01

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Patrick Dughi wrote:

>> much debating about what seems to be a ideoligical issue, and not code <
>                        >Snipped<
>
>        It's a 3 line change to make it auto-override and make the change
>to the online char instead of the offline char right?
>
>        Why don't you just make it a config variable and set the default
>to whatever you want, and let people decide for themselves.

I'd rather just ignore the online/offline distinction and set it to
whichever one is currently active.  That would be getting rid of the 'file'
flag. "set file player blah blah" should not set it to memory because you
explicitly asked for it to change the file.  Now if we remove 'file' and
make it fix the appropriate one we don't have that problem.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org