Graphical MUDs

From: Harrok (harrok@austarmetro.com.au)
Date: 08/04/01

On the subject of graphical MUDS, I would add that a beta version of a
graphical engine called xmud has just been released. Here is the
URL-->
http://193.96.238.31/xmudweb/

Personally, I suspect that a more fruitful route for MUD developers
would be to add inline graphics to the room descriptions and perhaps
hyperlinks.

Fireclient and ZMud both support HTML variants, which means that the
graphics could be stored locally on the client as part of an initial
download (I think ZMud either supports or will support an encryption
system).

Moving to the obligatory Circle reference, the only code changes would
be to enable it to determine the capabilities of the client and send
the appropriate code and HTML codes.

Harrok