Re: Session-only flag

From: Ronald Fenner Jr (abbadon@mac.com)
Date: 08/21/01

on 8/21/01 2:09 AM, Shane Lee at tacodog21@yahoo.com wrote:

> I'm wanting to add a session-only flag that gets set when the
> connection is made (first thing in nanny), which will go away
> when the session is over. I was thinking of something like the
> ((d)->host) kinda thing, but I know better than to mess with
> descriptor data. I tried something like this long ago and
> found the experience quite painful.

Well go for the descriptor it's not really as painful as you remember. Just
remember to make sure you actually have a valid descriptor before setting
stuff or else that uninitialized or NULL pointer will cause you grief if not
crash the mud.

Ron Fenner

Here's a thought: Anyone ever consider using DGscripts for dynamic skills
and spells ;)