Re: tildes and strings

From: Mike Breuer (mbreuer@new.rr.com)
Date: 08/31/01

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel A. Koepke" <dkoepke@CIRCLEMUD.ORG>
> This confused me for a minute.  I believe you mean that you translate
> C-style escape sequences on read and quote the characters to such
> sequences on write.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes.  I guess I relied on the code to do my explaining for me.  When I write
a string, I run it through string_to_store() which translates carriage
returns to backslash-r, tabs to backslash-t, etc.  When I read the string,
it runs through store_to_string() to reverse the translation.

> >   while(source) {
>
> Minor quibble.  You probably want *source.

Agreed... it is a minor quibble.  :-)

Mike