Re: Curious question for act.comm.c

From: Mike Breuer (mbreuer@new.rr.com)
Date: 09/01/01

From: "Del" <caminturn@EARTHLINK.NET>
> Ahhhhhhh I missed that. Would it not be just as wise to
> char *penname = NULL, *papername = NULL;

That's not necessary the way the function is written, because penname and
papername are assigned values immediately after they are declared (their
values are the address of buf/buf2).  Remember that two_arguments does not
change the values of penname and papername, it changes the values of the
memory POINTED TO by penname and papername.  Please feel free to contact me
offlist if you wish to discuss further, since this is more of a C
programming issue than a CircleMUD issue.

Mike