[Question][Code] Combining messages

From: Dust (dustlos@hotmail.com)
Date: 09/09/01

I was wondering if anyone has implemented something that would look at
the
output buffer for a descriptor, and if its the same as a previous
output
buffer, then it would combine them and add on something like (2) like
on
object/mob stacking. Of course this primarily would be used to reduce
spammy messages under certain circumstances, ie:
A red Soldier leaves east.
A red Soldier leaves east.
A red Soldier leaves east.
A red Soldier leaves east.

would instead something like this:
(4x) A red Soldier leaves east.

If anyone has something like this could you share with me the major
steps
ya did? Thanks for any info, playing WarGames with 200 soldiers is
insanely
spammed :)