Re: A few over asked questions (long)...

From: Welcor (welcor@dune.net)
Date: 10/17/01

----- Original Message -----
From: "sse" <rlkm4@YAHOO.COM>

> 1) Sedit
<snip>
> genshp.c: In function `copy_shop':
> genshp.c:57: warning: passing arg 1 of `copy_list' from incompatible
>               pointer type
> genshp.c:57: warning: passing arg 2 of `copy_list' from incompatible
>               pointer type
> genshp.c:58: warning: passing arg 1 of `copy_list' from incompatible
>               pointer type
> genshp.c:58: warning: passing arg 2 of `copy_list' from incompatible
>               pointer type

Let's see those lines. And the prototype for copy_list().
And the definition of those first and second args.

> sedit.c: In function `sedit_parse':
> sedit.c:654: warning: passing arg 1 of `add_to_int_list' from
>  incompatible pointer type
> sedit.c:658: warning: passing arg 1 of `remove_from_int_list'
>  from incompatible pointer type
> sedit.c:668: warning: passing arg 1 of `add_to_int_list' from
>  incompatible pointer type
> sedit.c:672: warning: passing arg 1 of `remove_from_int_list' from
>  incompatible pointer type

Same thing as above. Show those lines. And the definition of the things
used. Incompatible pointer types can mean a lot:
- you're passing a string argument to a function that should be passed
  an object/char/room struct. or vice versa.
- You're passing a 'const' string to a func wanting a non-const string.
  or vice versa.

Give us more info or we cannot help.

> Those are the only problems I get when I compile genshp.c[...]

_Only_ problems!! I'd say they were rather large. And you're seriously
messing up your memory by passing the wrong structs/strings. This causes
those random memory corruptions that result in crashes with no pattern.

> 2) AutoQuest Automated Quest System 1.0
> Many many many errors when patched into my mud. I see no real need
> to make this email any longer by putting errors in here. Has anyone
> gotten this working with bpl17 and oasis2.0?

Yes. Removed it again, though. Might put in something similar in a while.

Welcor