Re: [LICENSE] Open Gaming License and the d20 system

From: Emmett Plant (eplant@studiovitesse.com)
Date: 10/21/01

>How would this go together with the CircleMUD/Diku licenses?  Could I use
>the d20 system if I simply had snippets of the mechanic aspects added on
>our homepage?  Would that be sufficient?  I am going to ask WOTC as well,
>since they own the d20 concept and trademark.  I just wanted the CircleMUD
>community's opinion on this, and since IANAL I might need some help here
>before I violate every license know to man. ;)

This is not a very good idea. First off, I believe that using the d20
System is illegal in an 'interactive game' format like a MUD or MOO,
but also, check this out, from the OGL FAQ at
http://www.wizards.com/D20/article.asp?x=dt20010417g

--snip--
Q: Does this mean that someone could take Open Game Content I wrote
and distributed for free, and then put it in a product and sell that
product to someone else?