[Newbie][Help] I came across several problems.

From: Abraham Dizon (soldier2003@hotmail.com)
Date: 02/05/02

Okay I really need some help. First of all I wanted to change the load
rooms of the mortals, immortals, and frozen immortals/mortals. I did change
the mortals vnum from 3001 to 1000, immortals vnum from 1204 to 1201, and
frozen immortals/mortals vnum to 1202 (still the same). I did this in
config.c. Compiled my MUD and all was good. Now when I did a bin/circle,
everything loaded up fine. Now when I try entering the game,
it crashes. I checked the syslog.crash file but I found nothing wrong. The
circle.exestackdump file didn't help me much cause I couldn't locate exactly
what was causing the crash, but I believe it was from changing the vnums for
the loadrooms. I kept a backup copy just incase hehe. But how do I change
the vnums without having a MUD crash?

My next problem is mob names. For instance say that a mobs/players name was
iwantaeatchaboy. Obvisouly that would take too long to type kill
iwantaeatchaboy. How do I make it so all I have to do is type part of the
mobs/players name. Like kill iwa; kill iwant; kill boy; kill eat; and etc...
Need some help with that hehe.

Last but least. Where is the rent/offer command? I can't find those two
things out of the whole CircleMUD code. Which file is it in? *.c, *.h,
etc... I want to change the message that you receive when you rent. Well
thats all. Any help is welcome. Thanks.

- Hero