Mud Buffer and Missing Ticks

From: Zerin (dapiner@yahoo.com)
Date: 03/13/02

Hello All,
  I'm noticeing a severe problem with the mud that
I operate.  Whenever the server (win2k proffesinal,
msvc 6.0) goes under heave stress the mud begins
missing ticks.  My idea on this is that the mud
is missing ticks because not enough memmory for
it allocate itself into.

This is what the mud prints when a tick is missed
(and the mud basically stop then)

:: SYSERR: Missed 43 seconds worth of pulses.
:: SYSERR: Missed 34 seconds worth of pulses.
:: SYSERR: Missed 38 seconds worth of pulses.
:: SYSERR: Missed 34 seconds worth of pulses.

I can't really think about how to allocate more
memmory to it myself, if thats even it.

Thanks,
Zerin

http://sports.yahoo.com/