Re: Mud Buffer and Missing Ticks

From: Juliano Ravasi Ferraz (jferraz@linkway.com.br)
Date: 03/14/02

Zerin wrote:

> :: SYSERR: Missed 43 seconds worth of pulses.
> :: SYSERR: Missed 34 seconds worth of pulses.
> :: SYSERR: Missed 38 seconds worth of pulses.
> :: SYSERR: Missed 34 seconds worth of pulses.

Maybe you are hitting the gethostbyaddr() problem. Your MUD hangs
completely on each call to this function, to resolve IP addresses. Try
using the SLOWNS command and see if it solves.

This problem can be fully solved running an asyncronous nameserver
resolver, but I don't know how to do this on W2K. Maybe using threads or
calling the WinSock API directely. If you where using Linux, *BSD or
something similar (maybe Cygwin too), I whould tell you to try ADNS.
There are 2 patches available on the FTP site.