Re: Nanny function

From: Torgny Bjers (artovil@arcanerealms.org)
Date: 03/19/02

On 02-03-20 08.43, "Ronald Fenner" <abbadon@MAC.COM> wrote:

> I don't know if anyone has thought about this before or if it's been
> discussed but maybe the Nanny function should be extracted from
> interpreter.c and moved to a it's own file. Also maybe we should
> consider breaking it down into various functions that handle the
> different aspects like login, menu, character creation.
>
> Just thought i'd throw out for discussion.
>
> Ron

I agree.  Perhaps there had already been something like this planned for a
future patch release of Circle?  It is very awkward to have a switch with
that size.  If you want to add something inbetween two cases you have to
read through all of nanny just to be sure that you are adding it correctly.
If all the different cases had their code in their own functions that simply
returned either an int or a true/false depending on the result, nanny would
all of a sudden be a little bit prettier, and a lot easier to handle.

Go ahead. Shoot me down. Destroy my dreams in the wink of an eye. ;)

My $0.02,
/Torgny