Re: [SEMI LONG] [NEWBIE] [OPINION] 2cp , worth

From: Mathew Earle Reuther (graymere@zipcon.net)
Date: 06/28/02

> Jesus, how hard is it to click on the next message down in the list
> if you don't want to help someone with a particular problem?

I have a hard time clicking down because I do want to help.  My problem is
always figuring out if I'll have something USEFUL to say! ;)

> I know C, I know several languages and buying a book and sitting down
> to learn the language is the slowest way to learn a language.  It helps to
> have books as reference but if you are not interested in the programs you
> are writing, you won't learn anything from them.

I wouldn't be working on learning to code without this as a reason.  If I
were not allowed to touch the mud code until I actually knew how to code
(i.e. had read a book or taken a class or whatnot) there is NO WAY I would
end up learning.  The mud code is my desire.  Hubba hubba. ;)

-Mathew