Easy Color/Custom prompt question

From: Jen Pollard (jharless@mac.com)
Date: 07/09/02

Hi, all -

I've got a problem with the custom prompt system I'm using.  It won't
parse 'easy color' color codes *if you press enter without entering any
other data*.  It works just fine if you're fighting, talking, gossiping,
whatever, but when I press enter by itself it shows the color codes.  I
have a bodged bit of code that is currently running to force a parse
(basically it's using a send_to_char to force input and 're-draw' the
prompt), but I'd really like to know if anyone's got another way.  The
bit of code that came with the prompt system (new_prompt.diff - or it
was, can't find it in the FTP site - not that I looked especially hard.
*grin*) is:

/* Print prompts for other descriptors who had no other output */
  for (d = descriptor_list; d; d = d->next) {
   if (!d->has_prompt) {
     write_to_descriptor(d->descriptor, make_prompt(d));
     d->has_prompt = 1;
   }
}

Anyone have any thoughts on how this (or the relevant bit of code in
'make_prompt' can be changed so I can get rid of the ugly dodgy code
I've got going at the moment?

Thanks in advance!

-Jen P