Problem with a check using dg_events.

From: Mathew Earle Reuther (graymere@zipcon.net)
Date: 09/09/02

I'm trying to make and if else statement based upon a condition which may
or may not exist in an event structure.  So, for example, I have an event
structure like so:

struct growling_tummy_event_obj {
  struct char_data *ch;         /* person who has tummy problem */
  int severity;                 /* how bad is the problem? *?
};

So In my if else, it looks like so:

  /* Find out how bad it is and tell them */
  if (GET_TUMMY_RUMBLING_EVENT(ch)) {
    if (ch->tummy_rumbling_event->severity >= 5 )
      send_to_char(ch, "You feel like your belly may burst!!\r\n");
    else {
      send_to_char(ch, "Your tummy aches a bit.\r\n");
    }
  }

So, the problem is that it says that the structure has no member named
severity.  There is no actual structure NAMED "tummy_rumbling_event", just
tummy_rumbling_event_obj and the tre created from it by event_create . . .

How do I reference the information in the events?

-Mathew