Re: top_of_zone_table?

From: Templar Viper (templarviper@hotmail.com)
Date: 10/06/02

I traced the bug, finally after loads of hours. I implented the guild patch
from
the developer site (Guilds like shopkeepers) and this code was in it:

void assign_the_gms(void)
{
  int index;

  for (index = 0; index < top_guild; index++) {
    if (mob_index[GM_TRAINER(index)].func)
      GM_FUNC(index) = mob_index[GM_TRAINER(index)].func;
    mob_index[GM_TRAINER(index)].func = guild;
  }
}

And for some reason i cannot see, it changes the value of top_of_zone_table,
with corruption as result. Anyhow, I slapped in this piece of code between
the
for loop, and if (mob_index:

 if (GM_TRAINER(index) == NOBODY)
   continue;

Now what is so weird about this, is that on cygwin everything worked normal,
 even with the faulthy code, but on redhat.. bugs all the way.