Re: Updated configure.in, aclocal.m4, acconfig.c?

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@circlemud.org)
Date: 10/06/02

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Torgny Bjers wrote:

> Then why doesn't it turn on the NEED_STRLCPY_PROTO define?  If
> everything was in those files, it should alter that line in conf.h.in,
> but it doesn't.

This is rather difficult to diagnose working on just the symptom that
NEED_STRLCPY_PROTO doesn't become defined.  What version of autoconf are
you using?  Are you sure that all of your cnf/ files, conf.h.in, and
sysdep.h are current?

I'm able to generate the files fine from bpl21 with Autoconf 2.13:

  % (cd cnf; autoconf -o ../configure)

If your version of autoconf does not have the -o option, ensure that
you're copying the generated cnf/configure file over the top-level, old
configure file.  Also, you may want to remove config.* from your top-level
directory before re-running configure.

If you're absolutely certain that you're doing everything right and you've
got a recent version of Autoconf, then package together your cnf/,
conf.h.in, and sysdep.h files, send them to me and I'll check them out.

-dak