Re: [Code][Idea] Policy Edit

From: Torgny Bjers (artovil@arcanerealms.org)
Date: 10/30/02

From: "Jeremy M." <jkm4802@HOTMAIL.COM>

> I've had a system design sitting here since oasis olc first came out, and
> I'm wondering if anyone with a Circlebpl17 happens to have implemented
this
> idea... I was going to try and clone the HEDIT code, rename a few bits,
etc,
> and try to place the policy files under the same structure and system as
the
> HEDIT structure, promptly renamed to PEDIT. Has anyone tried this, and if
> so, what did you have to do to get this thing to fly?

I have not tried it in person, but I think you could actually make hedit
work for both structures, without cloning it, if you thought a little about
it.  You could even reuse the same saving and loading, just having a
different file name for policies.

As for the memory storage, that should be the easiest part...  Let me know
off-list if you need any help with extending the editor to work for both
policies and helpfiles, or if you're going to clone it, I am sure I could
help since I've done plenty of OasisOLC editors in my day for this and that.
:)

Regards,
/Torgny