Re: [OasisOLC] Yes Yes, almost done

From: Torgny Bjers (artovil@arcanerealms.org)
Date: 11/06/02

On 02-11-06 22.20, "Mythran" <kip_potter@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

>> On 02-11-06 19.11, "Mythran" <kip_potter@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
>>
>>> Ack!  I forgot buildwalk!!!  Hmm, I wonder if dig still works..lol
>>
>> Mythran, you need not take offense, this is a flame to Welcor.  Just because
>> I love him so much.  A small question, why are buildwalk and the liblist
>> commands included in the DG Scripts pl8 patch?  Shouldn't that really have
>> went in the OasisOLC patch?  Gooberhead.
>>
>> ObCircle: I personally do not think that buildwalk should be included in
>> neither OasisOLC or DG Scripts, since the patch itself is easy to put in,
>> and it modifies code that people might not want modified, such as the
>> do_simple_move and other parts I assume.
>>
>> Regards,
>> /Torgny
>>

> Simply put...."tough"...jk..heh.
>
> Ok, EVENTUALLY, all of OasisOLC will be modularized and changeable via a web
> browser....(maybe???)  You just go down the list of modules you want installed
> for OasisOLC when you patch and wala, those items are enabled while everything
> else in the list is not.  So, things like buildwalk will only be available on
> muds where the admin enable it.

Sounds pretty good to me.  I have a suggestion though.  Why not make the
module system as a generic system that can be used with just about anything,
not just Oasis?  Sounds liek a much worthier cause as well.  That way people
could write plugins for CircleMUDs that have the module system installed.
Lofty dreams, I know.  Idea's pretty neat though, and perhaps it's not that
hard to implement, after all.

Regards,
/Torgny