Opinions wanted

From: Gerald Florence (septe@earthlink.net)
Date: 01/15/03

I have a question.  I've come across this in several posts.
Whenever Smaug is mentioned, people react to it with loathing.  I
have examined the code base in question as well as ROM and a
few others.  I know it's a full featured codebase and I can
understand that as a reason for not to use it.  I do know that
Smaug tends to offload majority of their data into files and use
linked lists and various hash tables as opposed to Circle using
arrays.  Both do the same thing which is manage data.  Both have
their advantages and disadvantages.  What I'm trying to understand
is the reason(s) for some people's loathing.

Thanks,

Gerald Florence