[NEWBIE][LONG]defined reference

From: Josh Harris (jharris2@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: 01/18/03

Ok, I've been searching and searching and trying and trying :p

I tried adding the clan.txt src code to my mud from the FTP site.  I fixed
every single error that came up except for one.

db.o: In function `save_char_file_u':
/util/circle30bpl21/src/db.c:3036: undefined reference to `find_name'

This is my Makefile

<snip>

OBJFILES = act.comm.o act.informative.o act.item.o act.movement.o \
        act.offensive.o act.other.o act.social.o act.wizard.o alias.o
ban.o \
        boards.o castle.o class.o clan.o color.o comm.o config.o
constants.o db.o fight.o \
       genmob.o genobj.o genolc.o genshp.o genwld.o genzon.o graph.o
handler.o \
       house.o improved-edit.o interpreter.o limits.o magic.o mail.o
medit.o \
       mobact.o modify.o oasis.o objsave.o oedit.o olc.o random.o redit.o \
       sedit.o shop.o spec_assign.o spec_procs.o spell_parser.o spells.o \
       tedit.o utils.o weather.o zedit.o bsd-snprintf.o

CXREF_FILES = act.comm.c act.informative.c act.item.c act.movement.c \
        act.offensive.c act.other.c act.social.c act.wizard.c alias.c
ban.c \
        boards.c castle.c class.c clan.c color.c comm.c config.c
constants.c db.c fight.c \
        genmob.c genobj.c genolc.c genshp.c genwld.c genzon.c graph.c
handler.c \
        house.c improved-edit.c interpreter.c limits.c magic.c mail.c
medit.c \
        mobact.c modify.c oasis.c objsave.c oedit.c olc.c random.c redit.c
\
        sedit.c shop.c spec_assign.c spec_procs.c spell_parser.c spells.c \
        tedit.c utils.c weather.c zedit.c bsd-snprintf.c

<snip>

everything is defined in there that I think should be in here (clan.c and
clan.o are the only things I added to it and I didn't take anything else
out.

Here is the part in which the command is used
int find_name(char *name);

void save_char_file_u(struct char_file_u st)
{
int player_i;

if((player_i=find_name(st.name)) >=0 )
  {
  fseek(player_fl, player_i * sizeof(struct char_file_u), SEEK_SET);
  fwrite(&st, sizeof(struct char_file_u), 1, player_fl);
  }
}

oh I almost forgot --> this is my dependencies (part of it)

clan.o: clan.c conf.h sysdep.h structs.h utils.h comm.h spells.h \
  handler.h db.h clan.h db.c
class.o: class.c conf.h sysdep.h structs.h db.h utils.h spells.h \
  interpreter.h constants.h
color.o: color.c conf.h
comm.o: comm.c conf.h sysdep.h structs.h utils.h comm.h interpreter.h \
  handler.h db.h house.h genolc.h oasis.h
config.o: config.c conf.h sysdep.h structs.h interpreter.h
constants.o: constants.c conf.h sysdep.h structs.h interpreter.h
db.o: db.c conf.h sysdep.h structs.h utils.h db.h comm.h handler.h \
  spells.h mail.h interpreter.h house.h constants.h clan.h

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance :)