Re: [NEWBIE][CODE] Syslog Errors

From: Jim (realm@citlink.net)
Date: 02/14/03

Added what I thought to be Attack2 and Attack3(multi hit) skills for my
warrior, and seemed to work, but by chance took a peek at syslog and
found these errors:

Feb 11 18:07:15 :: SYSERR: Mob using
'((ch)->player_specials->saved.skills[141])' at fight.c:1018.
Feb 11 18:07:15 :: SYSERR: Mob using
'((ch)->player_specials->saved.skills[142])' at fight.c:1024.

This is the code I am using in fight.c, in void perform_violence:

hit(ch, FIGHTING(ch), TYPE_UNDEFINED);

/* Multi-attacks - added by Realm */

line 1018 -  if ( rand_number( 1, 100 ) < GET_SKILL( ch, SKILL_ATTACK2 )
/ 2 && !IS_NPC(ch) )

{
 hit(ch, FIGHTING(ch), TYPE_UNDEFINED);

}
line 1024 - if ( rand_number( 1, 100 ) < GET_SKILL( ch, SKILL_ATTACK3 )
/ 4 && !IS_NPC(ch) )
{
    hit(ch, FIGHTING(ch), TYPE_UNDEFINED);

It appears mobs are "trying" to use the multi attacks that is why I
added the mob checks on the end of each line to no avail....
I am using circle 3.1 with not much modifications except for races,
spells and a few odds and ends(no olc or dg/mobprog)
Any ideas on what I have done wrong...or is my whole approach completely
out of whack?
Any help appreciated...
Realm