[NEWBIE][CODE]Problem with dgevents patch

From: Dave Robbins (daverobbins@comcast.net)
Date: 03/02/03

Im running a modified version of 30bpl15 with the following added in:

oasis 2.0.3
races
arrives_from fix
exp fix
pname fix
do_newbie command
improved do_consider command by Russel Brown
stat_reroll snippet
two_hands fix

Currently I'm trying to add the dgevents patch (utils/dgevents-1.1.tar.gz)
from the ftp site. I followed the directions in the patch (copy the .c and
.h files to the src dir and run the patch in the top dir) and everything
went smoothly. Now the problems comes when compiling the mud. The
following error is what I get:

comm.o: In function 'init_game':
src/comm.c:345: undefined reference to 'event_init'
comm.o: In function 'heartbeat':
src/comm.c:802: undefined reference to 'event_process'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../bin/cicle] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any ideas on whats going wrong or how I can fix it? I am a newbie coder so
detailed instructions would be appreciated. If any other info or files are
needed I will gladly post them. Thanks in advance for the help :)