[OFFTOPIC] Editor of choice

From: Phillip Ames (grathol@hotpop.com)
Date: 05/10/03

Hi there,
I need some input from those die-hard Linux users out there.  All the
development work I've ever done on Circle has been in MSVC++, where I would
write my code, test it, compile it, and then dump it onto a Linux machine
for "production" purposes.  I'm trying to change that, though.  I'd like to
stick exclusively to one platform so I don't have to worry about
accidentally overwriting my sysdep.h file with the Windows version, etc.
However I am wont to give up my preferred interface because I have "instant
access" to all the files just by double clicking on them.  I pondered
setting up a Samba share, using MSVC++ to edit the files and then have an
open terminal window to compile but I think that VC will append ^M's to all
my files and I'm not looking forward to running a dos2unix script on them
all.  Is there any particular editing "suite" that anyone can recommend that
will allow me to deal with all the Circle files at once?  Thanks, and sorry
for the off-topicness of this post.