Re: Physical Attribute and Weapon Weight Interaction

From: Geoff Hollis (hollis@ualberta.ca)
Date: 05/31/03

>I've been thinking about doing something similar. I've been reworking the
>combat engine to get rid of THAC0 completely to a skill/stat based system.
>As part of that I included object damage, which takes the object material
>and related skill of the wielder into account to see if weapons and armors
>get damaged during combat.

Interesting. I had origionally planned on integrating item material into my
game, but decided against it about a week ago (I thought it just added too
many complications to a system that is already getting a bit more complicated
than I wanted). Were you thinking of having armor protection and weapon damage
be a factor of item material as well?

Geoff