Re: Questions about OLC (fwd)

From: Danhiel Baker (dbaker@harpo.dev.uga.edu)
Date: 03/20/94

| Phantom writes:
| > Jeremy writes:
| > The only problem is with objects.  There isn't anything preventing someone
| > from creating a 100d100+100+100 weapon and then loading billions of them.
| > Any suggestions on how this should be handled?
| >
| The way a mud I work on does it is puts a 'builder' flag on the object that
| prevents any non-immortal from using and causes object to disintegrate on
| rent.

That seems totally reasonable to me.  If you really think that a none-imm
should be toting this around and using it to test, perhaps you could imp
an 'AVATAR' flag which will allow a PC to use the item, but they can gain
no exp/gold/etc while so flagged... I've got another, "better" description
of this idea that I can post if you've the time to work on a way to handle
immortals with non-immortal characters (something which always bugged the
heck out of me as the main Admin-Imp on Shine ;)

| > out!  It makes Circle 2.20 look hopelessly obsolete. :)  I'm really sorry
| > that it's so late in coming - I hope you guys haven't lost interest in it.
| > <grin>

Heh... not likely!

Danny

btw, the world is coming along fine, with some..uh, previous oversights
fixed. :)