Re: Combat message blocking

From: The Chronicler (ACCMCM@vaxc.hofstra.edu)
Date: 04/05/94

>From:	IN%"mmoyer@sdcc10.UCSD.EDU"  6-APR-1994 02:48:14.33
>
>Hmm..... just had a though prompted by a post to r.g.m.d.  Come to
>think of it, there's at least one mud that I know of that already
>does this...    People with slow connections tend to die in combat,
>right?  (read 'die' as 'suffer terrible amounts of lag').  So how
>difficult would it be to create a player-setable flag that
>determines whether said player will see the combat messages from
>other people fighting in the same room?  Haven't thought it through
>yet.... any particular drawbacks any of ye can think of?
>
>--
>-Mathue Moyer
>-mathue@ucsd.edu

lots o muds have this.  kalisti has it, mine has it.

mine (fasioned after kalisti...great mud...and im only a player...not even a
god)
shows the condition of the mob, the condition
of the tank if your not it, the mobs hits, and your hits.

saves alot :)

---
"If i knew it was going to be this damn cold, I'd have worn a sweater."
	-J. Frost

Email:  ACCMCM@VAXC.HOFSTRA.EDU