(no subject)

From: Jeremy Elson (jelson@blaze.cs.jhu.edu)
Date: 07/26/94

From: jelson@condor.cs.jhu.edu (Jeremy Elson)
Newsgroups: rec.games.mud.diku
Subject: Now available: Diku .wld to .html converter
Date: 26 Jul 1994 16:33:55 -0400

For the fun of it, I quickly hacked together a .wld to .html converter
today.  It takes a .wld file as input, and produces a series of .html
files as output.  Each .html file corresponds to one room in your .wld
file (they have names such as 3001.html, 3002.html, etc.).  Each exit
of the rooms in your .wld file is represented by an href link to one of
the other .html files.

The result is that you can "walk around" a Diku world by pointing your
WWW browser at one of the rooms, and then clicking on the directions in
which you'd like to walk.

I tested the program out by converting one of CircleMUD's world files into
html format - it's at http://www.cs.jhu.edu/other/jelson/dikutest/3001.html
if you want to see what the html files look like.

What use is this program?  I don't know; probably none.  But I was bored.
It does nothing with objects or mobs - maybe if someone else out there is
bored too, they can enhance it by adding support for reading .obj, .mob
and .zon files, and loading the proper objs/mobs into the rooms as well.

It's available at ftp.cs.jhu.edu in pub/CircleMUD/submissions/wld2html.c.

Enjoy,

Jeremy
--