Re: wiz bits

From: Phil Priston (phil@marlyext.com)
Date: 06/15/95

Trice@lol2 <dkoepke@global.california.com> Typed:>>

_>
_> > we took out levels a while ago, and were happy to switch to a bit field
_> > that governs a player's power. i use aroun 10 bits to represent 10
_> > different types of immortal, and i set bits of lower types on the higher
_> > immortals just to be safe ;)   an imp has aroun 100 commands, so i grouped
_> > similar commands together an these groups are also represented by bits.
_> > uh, since exp is useless for immorts, i just set those bits in that
_> > field, and turned it negative. all mortals (should) have positive exp,
_> > and therefor, any players wich negative exp must be imms. (careful u dont
_> > have any negative exp mobs, since -1 exp is equiv to every bit being set)
_> > anyway, bits look like this:
_>

make sure you put sanity checks in fighting code.. cause if you loose
exp from things like 'energy drain' spell and fleeing....
start the game with a level 1 player....
attack fido, and flee a few times...(I take it you loose exp!?)
hey presto you have negative exp! *bonk*
	Phil...