Re: item duping

From: Belgian Underground Mud (bug@asteriks.rug.ac.be)
Date: 06/22/95

Hi,

> >The most simple sollution : if a player types 'save' ALL the players
> >get saved. It's just two lousy lines of code to add. For those interested :
>
> Ouch.  Don't do this unless you like lag.  Hint: any operation that accesses
> the disk is a slow operation.

It *does* work though, and worth the trouble. The program would probably
do the save operation so fast that the changes would be done in cache
memory anyway (unless the cache is write through of course). There's only
one disk access then.

Charlotte

|    I t ' s   n o t   a   b u g ,   i t ' s   a   f e a t u r e ! ! !  |
| BUG Mud - Belgian UnderGround                  eduserv.rug.ac.be 3555 |
|  Imps : Charlotte, Gekke,            If you can't connect, email to : |
|         Hymy, Mentat and Wodan         tvergote@eduserv.rug.ac.be     |
|  Thanx to SunGoku...                  Subject : frontdoor             |