Re: Autoloot

From: Ron Poulton (ron@res.com)
Date: 07/24/95

> actual a few players asked me how to toggle this feature on
>
> it seems that merc type muds have it
> I know how to implemtn it but not how to make it soo I can turn it on and off
> I or players that is
> I would like to see this code on here if possible I am very novice with C
> soo I am not mutch of a programmer

Well, in order to add such a feature so the users can toggle it, you'd
have to add information to the user structure, thereby tampering with the
user files.

I had the thought of creating an 'extended user datafile' in addition to
the datafile that's present for each user.  If the datafile doesn't
exist, the MUD presets all the values for the player and the player gets
to configure their character as they wish, and so forth.

The MUD would also look at the current structure and upgrade it
appropriately.  The theory behind this is simple; implementing it is
another matter.  I suppose I'll have to play with files now. <grin>