Re: Mapmaker

From: Leeman Strout (stroutl@polaris.ncs.nova.edu)
Date: 07/25/95

If the problem is wanting the player to work to get the map (ie: find the
mapmaker and buy the dang thing... well, I'm pretty sure you could
execute some sort of external sendmail script to send it to the player
when they buy a "map"  *grin*  or you could create a mailer whereby your
mapmaker sells "keys" and the user then emails that key to your
map-mailer and it only sends maps to correct keys... all these things are
fun toys to play with =)   I have an entirely social program for talking
to people, however we do get alot of miscreants.  one of the neatest
things we've done is send a pregenerated warning of some sort to the
email address that they register with.  (which may not be theirs but the
response is great  ;)

Leeman