Re: Languages

From: Anthony Spataro (ads@netcom.com)
Date: 09/06/95

On Wed, 6 Sep 1995, Sammy wrote:

> You might also want to make things a little more playable by converting
> vowels to vowels, and consonants to similar consonants.  That would make
> learning the language a lot easier.  Take that a little farther and make
> certain consonants/vowels translate into entire syllables and you may get
> output that looks like an authentic language.

I've been working on just that, lately, although it's not part of
Circle.  I've been using flex to write translator-scanners.  You could
run output through one of these and pipe the responses back...

Whatavar iou theenk thes orekheenallih saet, et's tevh'ereent enow!

 _/\_   A stosb a night keeps the inner loops tight.
\_ C_/  Assertiveness is strength.  Strength is power.  Power is authority.
  \/    Authority is asinine.

"Here at the Phone Company, we serve all kinds of people; from
Presidents and Kings to the scum of the earth ..."