Usernames as wiz command

From: David Blocher (dblocher@postoffice.ptd.net)
Date: 12/30/95

I know there was a bunch of messages talking about the best way to find a
username of a player that logged in.  If i remember correctly everyone was
trying to find the username of a player whenever he logged in.  The
discussion then went into forking and what resource the call would use.  My
problem is this: I lost the mail message that told me how to get the
username.  I would like to set it up as a wiz command since you really only
need to run it on a char once.  Then just save it or write it somewhere.  We
are in beta stage so the lag is not a problem yet.  Could someone please
mail me some info one what utils i need to run (i am not so familiar with
all of unix networking calls)
thanks in advance
Vain
********
David Blocher                                           E-mail:
"In Search of Dead Solid Perfect"
dblocher@postoffice.ptd.net
********