Re: [ xxx ] object listing

From: Christopher M. Lee (chrisl@earthlink.net)
Date: 02/29/96

At 11:53 PM 2/29/96 +0100, you wrote:
>Well, lame subject, but what the hell :)
>
>I'm thinking of some way to make all those similar objects in a
>room/inv/container be sorted in a way so that if there were 10 short
>swords and 2 daggers in a room that they'd be displayed like this:
>
>[10] You see a short sword lying here.
>[ 2] You see a finely crafted dagger lying here.
>
>Did anyone make this allready, and if so, could I get a copy of i, or at
>least a description of how to do it, as my only Idea is building
>something with an endless looping structure (allmost :) sorting the
>objects in the room every time, and then grouping them together in a
>[num] line ...
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated,
>Con.

ROM already does this.  You may want to download the code and take a look.
I am planning on doing this but have not had the time.  If you do find the
answer please let me know as it is something that I wish to do.

Yours,

Christopher M. Lee
cmlphoto@earthlink.net, chrisl@earthlink.net, cmlphoto@aol.com
http://www.earthlink.net/~CMLphoto

"The facts, although interesting, are completely irrelevant."

"When I die , I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my uncle.
 .......Not screaming in terror like his passsengers."