Re: CircleMUD License

From: Graham Gilmore (gilmore@gmgate.vircom.com)
Date: 03/03/96

On Sun, 3 Mar 1996, Jason Bell wrote:

> The Following is a direct quote from the CicleMUD License:

[snip]

> >in exchange for running CircleMUD. You must not accept
> >money or other donations from your players for purposes
> >such as hardware upgrades for running CircleMUD.

[snip]

> able to use a substantial donation from a certain player to buy two megs of
> RAM for the system.

	The license does specifically state that "You must not accept
money or other donations from your players for purposes such as hardware
upgrades".  I'd say that's a pretty clear violation.

	I am not in any way a representative of Jeremy Elson, so don't
quote me here; I'm just expressing my perceptions.  :)

	Graham Gilmore