Re: CircleMUD License

From: Michael Buselli (mhbusell@midway.uchicago.edu)
Date: 03/03/96

On Sun, 3 Mar 1996, Graham Gilmore wrote:

> 	The license does specifically state that "You must not accept
> money or other donations from your players for purposes such as hardware
> upgrades".  I'd say that's a pretty clear violation.

     I'd have to agree here.  The only way they could fudge it is to say
they are "borrowing" the hardware to run the mud, but I doubt that is
what is really happening.

> 	I am not in any way a representative of Jeremy Elson, so don't
> quote me here; I'm just expressing my perceptions.  :)

     I think the words are pretty clear, but don't just think about Jeremy
here.  There were 5 other people that made the DikuMUD that Jeremy now
continues to develop as Circle.  That is also a violation of their
license, which is more specific about things like that if I remember
correctly.

Michael Buselli