Re: Talkative mobs

From: Casper Lund (gideon@vip.cybercity.dk)
Date: 03/08/96

On Thu, 7 Mar 1996 10:28:29 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>> Could anyone please explain to me how to make mobs call the
>> do_gen_comm function, eg. make them able to gossip, shout etc.
>> I've tried hard, but simply hasn't been able to make it work.
>> Thanks!
>
>Uh...
>
>do_gen_comm(mob, "Whatever the hell you want to holler/gos", 0, 0);
>
>Where mob is the mob structure, and that last 0 is 0 for holler, 1 for gos
>and 2 for auct I believe.
>
>Man not to flame but if you can't call an amazingly simple function... well
>I'm not gonna say anymore lest I break out the flamethrower.

Wow, my first question and I'm already being "flamed"!!! I've coded
alot on my mud, adding new classes, races etc., so I'm not a rookie
into C- and MUD coding, and as I said I've been trying real hard to
get that do_gen_comm thing to work, but without luck.

Is this list for hardcore imps and C-coders only? (I'm not being
sarcastic... I honestly wanna know)

--
Casper Lund
ncl@mailhost.net