Re: containers bug

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 04/13/96

On Sat, 13 Apr 1996, Rhys - Legends wrote:

> in patch 9/10, if you are wearing or holding something, you can not look
> into a container.
> has anyone else encountered this problem?

I dug this out of my saved mail.

Sam

Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 05:22:51 -0600
From: Webmaster <anderson@nol.net>
To: circle@pvv.unit.no
Subject: Bugfix for generic_find()

This fix ONLY applies to CircleMUD 3.0bpl10 or equivalents

my users pointed out to me they could no longer look in containers, I
narrowed it down to only happening when they were equipped.

generic_find was returning the pointer to the first equipped object
regardless of it's name or container status.

the fix lies in handler.c, in the generic_find() function at the bottom of
the file in the FIND_OBJ_EQUIP part of the check.

the line that reads

if ( GET_EQ(ch, i) && isname(name, GET_EQ(ch, i)->name) == 0 )

should have the 0 exchanged for a 1 to read

if ( GET_EQ(ch, i) && isname(name, GET_EQ(ch, i)->name) == 1 )

not life-threatening, but annoying.

James Anderson

*IMP of CokeMUD @ pinternet.com 4000