An olc question (fwd)

From: Billy H. Chan (~{3B:FH;~}) (bhchan@po.EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: 04/16/96

You recently wrote:
   Subject: An olc question
   From: "Hades" <tourach@cyber1.servtech.com>

   Ok, when the olc saves the file (I use iedit/redit) it leaves those damn
   annoying M's at the end of any line with a CR in it. ANyone know a way to
   take those damn things out? Or a function they made to lose the CR's?

Check your unix system for a 'fromdos' command, which will strip the
extra ^M's.
Otherwise, I normally fire up jove/emacs and do a replace-string ^M
(it's replace-string ^M with nothing at all).

Somewhere within the write you could also have it check and strip...
let me try to remember... \r's (correct me if I got the wrong one).
But that means semi-lex'ing the output.