Re: newbie question: cleaning out stock rooms (try II)

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 04/19/96

On Thu, 18 Apr 1996, moron wrote:

> Anyway, I want to clean out the stock world that comes with pl10 and am
> curious about a couple of things.  Do I have to remove all the references
> in spec_proc.c that mention VNUM's or will Circle ignore them as long as I
> don't try to use those VNUM's?  What I'd like to be able to do is
> cannabalize some of those functions (message boards for an example) as
> needed while we build up the world.  If I do have to remove every single
> reference to a VNUM to do this, what are the *.c files I need to check
> other than spec_* and maybe class.c?

You can trash most of the stock circle files without any problem, but if
you remove the board objects you will have to remove the board
assignments in boards.c (struct board_info_type board info[]) or the mud
will crash shortly after bootup.  The specl_assign stuff can stay in if
you don't mind a bunch of errors in the syslog.

> On a related note, does Circle have one pool of VNUM's or are rooms,
> objects and mobs all using their own (i.e. you can have a room and a mob
> with the VNUM 3000)?  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Mobs, objects, and rooms each have their own set of vnums.  Look at the
stock files for midgaard and you'll see that all three start at 3000 and
work their way up mostly sequentially.  I can't really say much for shops
since I've never played with them.

Sam