Re: look dir

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 04/19/96

On Thu, 18 Apr 1996, Jonathan Michel wrote:

> Is there any limit to the amount of lines that can be seen when
> you look north?
> I am getting an error but not sure if the 14 lines is the cause.
> Takeing it out does fix it,  but just making it shorter 3 lines doesn't

I think the "look <direction>" text is meant to be a single line, so
you're probably using more memory than is available.  I think what you
should be looking into is room extra descriptions.  They're a lot closer
to working the way you want for the books.  You'll have to give each book
in the room a unique name thos, because they won't be able to look 2.book
(correct me if that's wrong) but you can have them look spells and look
history, etc.

Sam