Re: Relogging in over an active character

From: Christopher M. Lee (chrisl@mercury.earthlink.net)
Date: 04/22/96

At 11:00 AM 4/21/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Regarding Logging in over an active character.
>I remember seeing a thread about this last month- did we ever get any
>resolution as to what the possible advantages of this could be? I've got a
>guy on my mud doing this and I first noticed it because his creation date
>is currently *6* months before I even compiled the code the first time.
>I'll be doing some experimentation and posting my findings.
>
>Jim Anderson
>Imp of Enertopia at pinternet.com 4000

I was the one asking about this but never came to a full conclusion.  The
problem I was having was a player doing this many times until he has
"shadows" of himself in the game. The when he killed something he would get
"x" exp times the number of shadows for the kill.  I believe he could get
upto 3 "shadows" so 3 times the exp for each kill.  He went from a new
character to god in under 2 weeks.  Hmmmmm... suspicious.  Again I never
found any conclusive information though and the only simi-solid data I got
was once while snooping him he rented to leave the game and had to do this
twice to be able to quite, i.e. the idea behind the "shadowing".  Hope this
makes since, and if anyone else has anything to add it would be great to get
some more information.

Yours,
Christopher M. Lee
chrisl@earthlink.net