Re: Compiling Circle3.0bpl11 on HPUX 9000

From: Craig Lisowski (clisowsk@mcs.kent.edu)
Date: 04/25/96

  About the WARNINGS (and NOT Errors!) during compilation, feel free to
simply ignore them. HP-UX use's (int *) instead of (fdset *) parameters
for its select() function. Everything will still function perfectly
fine, since for this OS sizeof(int) == sizeof(fdset).
  Now as for the problems with linking the file. Try linking it without
the -lcrypt and -lmalloc. I've developed for over 4 years under HPUX
(ranging from version 8.x, 9.x, to 10.x) and I've never needed to use
-lmalloc. I even think that the HP man pages (man malloc) state that the
the malloc library (-lmalloc) is an old version and only kept around
for maximum compatibality with _old_ code. They might even warn you not to
use it.
  I must say that I really like the one HP system I've been playing around
with lately. A J200 with 384 Meg with fibre channel, everything is blazingly
fast -- 'make -j ' absolutely screams. I hope you have better luck with
your development under HPUX.

--Craig

Someone said:
> Apparently I did not give enough information about the problems I'm having
> compiling circle3.0bpl11 on a HPUX 9000 system so i will try again.  This
> is going to be a long post so please bare with me.  Nobody likes to be
> flamed.
> checking for -lsocket... no
> checking for -lmalloc... yes
> checking for -lcrypt... yes