Re: World files with over 100 rooms.

From: ShadowLord (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 04/28/96

On Sat, 27 Apr 1996, Kent Slater wrote:

> I have noticed that some of the world files in Circle 3.0 Patch 11 are greater
> than 100 rooms.  Such as, the room numbers go from 2500 to 2678 in ONE .wld
> file.  I am adopting those files to Amiga Circle 2.2 and would like to know if
> having world files longer than 100 rooms is supported in Circle 2.2.  (I am
> converting all the room_flags from letters to numbers)  If it is not, then I
> will just have to split all the files into seperate numbers.

	Just an off-topic question.  Why would you convert the letters to
numbers instead of just changing the db.c code to add in ascii flags.
Last time I looked, the actual code to convert the letters to numbers took
very little space and was fairly easy to use in the parse_obj, parse_mob,
etc. code.  It makes more sense to me, anyway, that instead of taking all
that time to convert all the world files, just add the code (might take 10
minutes at most, I think) and never even touch the mob, obj, or world
files.