Re: Quick Question (fwd)

From: Sean P. Mountcastle (mountcas@scratchy.ee.cua.edu)
Date: 04/28/96

Folks thanks for all the replies, BUT I know I have to shutdown the MUD
(or edit my makefile and autorun as C. Epler suggested) to recompile.
What I was curious about is _why_  I never had this problem when I ran
the mud before.  Soooooooo  I was assuming that a text file descriptor is
being left open for long periods of time -- which I don't like.  Either
that or when we upgraded our Linux the OS got smarter and refuses to
overwrite an active file.  I dunno, but _that's_ what I was curious
about.  Anyway, this wasn't meant to flame all of you, in fact some had
pretty neat ideas, and I do appreciate your help, but I'm not a total
neophyte.

> > 	I just have one quick question, whenever I try to recompile while
> > the mud is running (used to have no problems), it now refuses to create
> > the executable with the  message: cannto open output file ... Text file
> > busy.  I didn't have this problem before I added the videas, vbugs, and
> > vtypos commands and Oasis OLC -- are they leaving files open or something?
> >
> > 	Not a big problem, just curious,

	This was my original post ... I guess I didn't phrase it well
enough.  Sorry to waste your time.

	- Sean

Sean Mountcastle
Take everything in stride.  Trample anyone who gets in your way.