Re: OFFICIAL FTP SITE for CircleMUD changed!

From: Chris A. Epler (cepler@esinet.net)
Date: 04/30/96

On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, Jeremy Elson wrote:

> I'm happy to announce that CircleMUD's official FTP site from this point
> forward will now be:
>
> 	ftp.circlemud.org

:)  Grats Jeremy!

Sorry if I mislead people into thinking Cambot was the official site, I just
wanted to be able to get files moved over and available for people as
rapidly as possible.

> Similarly the WWW site for CircleMUD will be:
>
> 	www.circlemud.org

I'm assuming this will basically be your Cambot machine, correct?  And that
the WWW site listing will remain on it?

> Since I'm graduating soon, I don't know how long JHU will allow me to keep

Grats!  8-)

> Finally, I would be willing (on a *limited* basis) to consider giving out
> names for MUDs under the circlemud.org domain (i.e. names like
> your-mud-name-here.mud.circlemud.org, or something like that).

I would be honored to have my MUD under circlemud.org.  Would:
StormHaven.CircleMUD.org be possible?

Again, grats on the nifty domain name. :)

  Chris A. Epler <cepler@esinet.net> <cepler@ucsee.eecs.berkeley.edu>
                 <cepler@cambot.res.jhu.edu> <cepler@limpia.kjsl.com>
                 <cepler@tuna.mit.edu>