Re: Possible <where> bug

From: Jeremy Elson (jelson@jhu.edu)
Date: 04/30/96

> On Tue, 30 Apr 1996, Jeremy Elson wrote:
>

> > Can you consistently reproduce the bug, or perhaps provide a core dump?
>
> I can reproduce it on call. One example is "black", we have so many objs that
> are either black or have an alias for black that when we type WHERE BLACK
> it gives you a super long list of the "black" EQ and then spams you off.
> Does it everytime, with out a doubt, on every word that refers to many
> objs and/or mobs.  However we have not experienced a crash from this as
> they have.

Okay, this should be an FAQ.  Can you consistently reproduce a bug which
CAUSES THE MUD TO CRASH?  HAVING THE MUD SPAM YOU OFF DOES **NOT**, REPEAT
**NOT** CRASH THE MUD.  IT JUST CAUSES THE MUD TO CUT *YOUR* CONNECTION.

To whoever reported the original "where sword" bug: are you sure the MUD
itself is *crashing*, or is it just cutting off your connection?  After
the MUD "crashes" can you immediately log back in?